This week, I was delighted to contribute to a column for A Little Spark of Joy: 9 Expert Tarot Readers Share their Best Tarot Tips for Beginners
Beginning a tarot practice can feel daunting and overwhelming, especially if you a beginning tarot reader. Here are 7 simple and fun tips if you are just starting out:
1. Sleep with your tarot deck under your pillow or on your nightstand. This way the cards can see your dreams and you can pull a card as soon as you wake up.
2. Create a greeting ritual for your cards by lighting incense and welcoming each card into your life as you move it through the smoke.
3. Write down what you think the story of the card is and the message of the card, THEN look up the meaning. Don't be so quick to look up the meaning. What do you see in the card? What do you feel?
4. Focus on one card every day. Leave the card out where you can see it.
5. Practice reading for others as much as possible. All your friends will want readings, trust me!
6. Get tantric with each card. What do they look like (symbols)? Feel like (textures)? Taste like? Smell like? Sound like?
7. Have fun, stay curious. Keep your beginner's mindset no matter how experienced you become. The moment you think you know everything about tarot is the moment you shut down possibility.
Much love and cast your cards well!
Sasha Graham xoxo
The Magic of Tarot is a perfect beginners tarot book. Purchase here.